Finance Division Manager
Division: Administration Opening Date:June 4, 2014
Classification: Full Time- Permanent Closing Date:June 20, 2014
Supervision: Executive Director Salary: DOE
This position serves as the main contact for the Northern Cheyenne Tribal Housing Authority (NCTHA) regarding all Finance Division activities. Primary duties include; planning, organizing, directing, monitoring and supervising Finance staff in all areas of Financial responsibilities for the NCTHA. Other duties include the processing of the NCTHA Accounts payable, Payroll and Travel management in an accurate manner and in compliance with the adopted Financial Management Policies and Procedures.The incumbent is directly responsible for the overall, smooth operation of the Finance Division, ensuring that all accounting functions are performed in compliance with all established law, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Provides financial information/reports as requested by staff and outside entities at the direction of the Executive Director.
2. Works directly with independent auditors, fee accountants and consultants in the preparation of the NCTHA annual budget, Audit, Indian Housing Plan, and Annual Performance Report.
3. Works extensively with NCTHA division managers and staff regarding the preparation and tracking of annual operating expenses and project budgets.
4. Develops and updates financial management policies and procedures as needed.
5. Monitors, researches and reports on various financial activities to Staff as required by grants.
6. Responsible for maintaining the NCTHA financial records in accordance with established laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
7. Sets up, monitors and maintains al NCTHA bank accounts and oversees deposits and withdrawals in accordance with the established policies.
8. Reviews, approves and signs, travel vouchers, purchase orders, and checks for disbursement to vendors, contractors, employees, etc.
9. Works closely with the Acquisition Division Manager and Warehouse to insure purchase orders and the ordering process is accurate
10. Utilizes the HUD LOCCS system to draw grant monies to be disbursed on various NCTHA activities and ensures accountability and tracking in accordance with established rules and regulations.
11. Provides in-depth budget/financial analysis and advises the Executive Director, Board of Commissioners and division managers in the described areas.
12. Cross-trains Finance staff in the areas of Accounts Payable, Payroll, Travel and other related areas
13. Assigns duties and monitors workloads with the Finance Division staff to insure accuracy in job duties. Approves leave requests, completes timesheets performance evaluations of finance division employees. Also recommends pay increases and takes appropriate disciplinary action as necessary in accordance with the NCTHA Personnel Policies.
14. Will keep the Executive Director updated on any and all non-compliance issues that are revealed with regards to the described duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledgeof, and skill in the application of accounting principles, techniques and systems applicable to government programs, as well as local, tribal, state and federal laws as they relate to accounting.
2. Working knowledge and understanding of NAHASDA, GAAP,GASB 34 along with OMB Circulars A-87 and A-133requirements and procedures.
3. Knowledge of sound management techniques.
4. Skill in planning and organizing division activities.
5. Skill in the utilization of personal computers, including accounting, word processing, database and spreadsheet programs.
6. Skill in the application of and troubleshooting of Microsoft programs.
7. Skillin communicating both verbally and in writing.
8. Ability to work independently and to train others in accounting duties.
9. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with frequent interruptions and constantly changing deadlines/priorities.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Accounting experience may be used to offset the education requirement on a year for year basis.
2. Five or more years of financial management experience in a governmental organization or Indian housing authority.
3. Must be willing to travel and attend employment related training.
4. At least two years of previous supervisory or senior management experience.
5. Possess a valid Driver’s license.
This is an Exempt position – Under Section 13(a) of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), employees who work in bona fide executive, administrative or professional capacities are exempt from the overtime provision of the Act.
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE NORTHERN CHEYENNE TRIBAL HOUSING AUTHORITY MAIN OFFICE. Please include your Personal Resume’ with your completed application. Late, faxed and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Completed applications are due by 5:00 pm on June 20, 2014 to the NCTHA Main Office. Questions and concerns can be directed to Lafe Haugen at 477-6419 ext 4307.